Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Socks. What is it with you guys and socks.

As you may know, I am married to a Spanish lady and have a Spanish child, but spend half of my life arguing about socks.

1. Why should a grown man be forced to wear socks with a Dernier value in summer. I do not want to wear something that looks like it should be worn over my head in a bank robbery, on my feet, to work. Tights, stockings and "executivos" are for girls. Cotton is cool, nylon is cross dressing.

2. Why is it a must to wear socks in the house, rather than go bare foot. There is no scientific or medical proof, that not wearing socks in the house gives you flu or a cold. I want to walk bear foot in my house. I didn't spend a fortune on wooden floors never to feel them! Please let me take my socks off in the house.

3. Why am I not allowed to wear socks casually in summer. I am meant to walk around in shoes with leather laces that cause blisters the size of small cities, sweating into my dyed leather shoes, creating a stink and slowly turning my feet a lovely shade of chestnut brown, rather than put a nice light pair of socks on. I like socks protecting and keeping my feet clean when I walk. Please, don't critisize foreigners for wearing socks in summer. Just understand that either our feet are not made of asbestos or we crave comfort over fashion. Hey give it a go.

5 comments:

  1. That only happens at your house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you on the socks..My mother in law has a heart attack whenever she sees me or my little un shamelessly walking about the house in bear feet. Note for you mothers in law. Colds and flu are spread by virus which is passed from person to person and not by stretching your little pinkies on the parquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, its not just in my house dicholocual

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they make you put on the bright pink man-tights with ballet slippers, then you will have a real problem! Love the blog
    notsospanish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Spanish in-laws gave up trying to make me go be-socked when they discoverd I even went barefoot on slate slabs in the Extremadura farm-house. You think walking barefoot on wooden floors - just try slate in August, it is so ...cool!

    ReplyDelete