Search This Blog

Sunday 30 January 2011

Beware of the GPS in Sevilla

I went to Sevilla (a beautiful part of Spain and a must visit) for work the other day. I had to head out to possibly the richest copper mine in Europe, and as such needed a GPS, with my rental car.

So I set off, on what should be a 30 minute drive. Firstly I was sent down a bus lane, so I didn't go that way and was re routed. Down a bus lane, so I didnt go that way either. This time though I was routed down a Taxi lane. OK I thought, I will risk it. I went down the taxi lane and all was going well. Turn left, said the GPS. Phew I said, leaving the Taxi Lane and enetering a very narrow arabesque one way street. I drove on and entered into a Mercadillo, a small street market. Now I exagerate not, I could have wound down my windows and helped my self. In general, everyone was nice. I think that they saw the look of near panic and the sheen of sweat that covered me. I was called a few names though and I must appologise to the blind man I nearly ran over (though I doubt he is reading this).

In the end, to drive 27 Km, I took over 2 hours. Impressive.

I will keep you all updated as the fines start to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment