Search This Blog

Friday 11 March 2011

Petrol and Zapatero's Idiocy

We all know that Spain roughly has 3 months of Petrol reserves and 1 month of gas reserves.

We have all sniggered at Zapateros measures. Reducing the speed limit to 110 Km, to save fuel bills. Please. Youre average diesel cars humms along nicely at 120.

But the icing on the cake was offering reductions on the new "economy A tyres". These are tyres that save fuel bills. That are nice to the environent. That dolphins love. So whats the problem I hear you ask? They are illegal I reply.

They will not be recognised under european standards until 2012. Anyone driving with them, your car is illegal on any road in Europe. You are not insured. But hey, you had 20€ off the shop price (if you could find them as most companies refuse to sell them).

Whats next I hear you all shout? I liked the rumour I heard about reducing city traffic to 30Km per hour. Thank god. I hate chenging gear and now I can stick to first.

No comments:

Post a Comment