Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Eating Paul?!?

I was googling as one does in work, and was reading about Paul the Octopus, who succesfuly predicted the outcome of the World Cup Final. God knows why I was doing this as I am really bored of hearing about it here. Anyway the following article came up:

When Spain won the final, ecstatic fans in Madrid were seen waving octopus banners. The small town of Carballino in northern Spain offered a €30,000 “transfer fee” because it wants to make Paul a mascot of its food festival, a disturbing notion. (source: Spiegel Online International)

I did some futher research. Shergar (the race hourse) went missing in February 83, 2 weeks before the Navarra Food Festival. It is all adding up. Any other coincidences out there?

2 comments:

  1. I remeber a report on TV a couple of years about the bigging basking shark seen in Spanish waters. The reporter hopped in a fishing boat to film this wonder, interviewing fishermen, marine bioligists et all.
    The report ended with the happy villagers of the sleepy fishing village where the shark was cruising happily tucking into said shark to celebrate the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that. I want to see a link on that. I remember in Luton though when I lived there, the police caught someone stealing pigeons from the centre and cooking them!

    ReplyDelete